White House Desperate for Invites – Puts Crises On Hold
Whether the decrease is from over 1,000 down to 14 or 68, it’s got the White House worried. What’s the number all about? How may high schools were requesting Obama at their commencement last year versus this year.
You know the White House. They have a laser like focus on how popular Obama is or is not. This real life poll, as it were, of popularity among the young has them shking in their boots.
Lybia or Egypt and the rebellions there, the shooting of two US military by a terrorist in Germany, the murder of a border guard forced to fire bean bags in self defence, the soon to be $6 TRILLION dollar deficit with no progress on jobs at all, or the gasoline prices shooting to $4 deserve as much attention as how many high schools want him to speak.
What? This is an actual president?
An internal White House memo indicates that the White House is facing a shortage of applications less than a week before the deadline.
The competition was extended from the February 25 deadline until Friday, March 11 after few schools met the original application deadline. CBS News has learned a White House Communications Office internal memo dated February 22 noted “a major issue with the Commencement Challenge.”
“As of yesterday we had received 14 applications and the deadline is Friday,” the memo said. The memo also urged recipients to, “please keep the application number close hold.”
A follow-up memo on February 28 reported receipt of 68 applications. Noting the competition among more than 1,000 schools last year, the memo said, “Something isn’t working.” It called on staffers to ask “friendly congressional, gubernatorial and mayoral offices” to encourage schools to apply.